Contact CUPD at 255-1111 or 911
Give your name and campus location with a brief explanation of the situation.
Take note of the individuals age, personal appearance, clothing, vehicle or any other information that would help identify the individual.
How to respond if an active shooter is in your vicinity.
- If there is an escape path, attempt to evacuate
- Prevent others from entering the area
- Evacuate whether other agree or not
- Meet at a predetermined area, do not leave campus
- Leave your belongings behind
- Call 911 when you are safe
- Help others escape if possible
- Lock and/or blockade the door
- Hide behind large objects
- Silence your cell phone
- Remain very quiet
- Attempt to incapacitate the shooter
- Act with physical aggression
- Improvise weapons
- Commit to your actions
- When Law Enforcement arrives on the scene:
- Do exactly as the team of officers instructs
- Do not approach the officers
- Keep your hands visible, fingers spread, and empty.