If you find yourself in a stalled elevator:
- Do not try to exit the elevator car.
- Use the emergency telephone in the elevator to call for help or call 607 255-1111 from a cell phone or bang on the doors and shout for assistance.
- Do not try to force the doors open or exit the car.
- Wait for trained personnel to assist you from the elevator.
If you hear someone calling for help from a stalled elevator car:
- Call Cornell Police at 607 255-1111 or use a building emergency phone.
- Reassure the persons in the car that you have reported the problem and help is on the way.
- Do NOT attempt to open the elevator doors.