- On the Ithaca campus Call 911 to report a crime in progress or criminal behavior to Cornell Police.
- At other locations call 911 to contact the local police department.
- Do not approach or attempt to apprehend the person(s) involved.
- Take only actions necessary for self-defense.
- If you are safe, stay where you are until the police arrive. Otherwise, try to move to a safe location.
- Report as much information as possible including:
- Type of crime.
- Description of persons involved, including height, weight, sex, clothing and any weapons.
- Location of crime.
- Direction of travel.
- Vehicle description, including color, year, make, model and license.
To report non-emergency criminal activities, including crimes that are no longer in progress, missing property, minor auto accidents without injuries, disabled vehicles, etc. Crime and tips can be also be reported to Cornell Police using the Rave Guardian app. Download the free Guardian app at the Apple store or Google Play. Explore the app features at Rave Guardian.
- On the Ithaca campus call Cornell Police at 607 255-1111
- In New York City call 311
- At Cornell AgriTech call the local police:
If necessary, refer to the ACTIVE THREAT TO LIFE section of this document.