September is National Preparedness Month
National Preparedness Month, recognized each September, provides an opportunity to remind us that we all must prepare ourselves and our families now and throughout the year. Throughout the month we will focus on planning, with an overarching theme: Disasters Happen. Prepare Now. Learn How.
Week 1: Make and Practice Your Plan
Put together a plan by considering and discussing these four questions with your family, friends, or household. Click the links to learn more about each topic.
- How will I receive emergency alerts and warnings?
- What is my shelter plan?
- What is my evacuation plan?
- What is my family or household communication plan?
- FEMA PDF form to help you create a family communication plan.
- FEMA PDF card to help you create a simple family communication plan.
Check back next week for another preparedness topic or visit our Preparedness Checklist page today!
Preparedness Month Topics by Week
- Week 1: Make and Practice Your Plan
- Week 2: Learn Life Saving Skills and Prevention
- Week 3: Reduce the Impacts of Emergencies and Disasters Through Mitigation
- Week 4: Be Ready to Act and Respond in an Emergency